Sunday, May 31, 2009

How to Repair Windows XP and Vista Registry Corruption

There is an old article floating around online that claims registry cleaners are unneeded and in fact, a useless tool for computer repair and maintenance. As far as I am concerned, nothing could be further from the truth. It is my position no PC owner should be without one good registry cleaner!

In this article, I will argue in favor of registry cleaners and show how I use them to overcome registry corruption. This registry corruption will slow a computer's operating capabilities and possibly make a PC not only very slow and error prone, but sometimes inoperable.

Normal Computer Use Will Cause Registry Corruption

Registry corruption exists and registry cleaners fix this corruption. I know this because I make a living repairing broken computers and I have seen corruption bring a computer to its knees. I have used registry cleaners many times to remove corruption and get these badly performing computers back up and speeding down the information highway again.

I seen more cases than I can count where a computer started to crash frequently or become very slow and when this happened it was caused by corruption in the registry. When this happens, there is no other viable plan of action other than to use a registry cleaner so this computer will once again operate normally.

New OS's Need To Be Corruption Free

It is true, registry corruption wasn't very much of a consideration a few years back. However, now with the huge file systems Windows XP and Vista operate under, it takes a long times for one operation to take place when it has to work through corruption. I know this may not make sense, but one piece of corruption will probably only affect a small area of a small operating system. However, the same amount of corruption will affect many areas in a large operating system. That is just the way it is.

Registry corruption will cause a computer to slow down. Sometimes this slowing down can be quite significant. Registry corruption will also cause errors and crashes. These things seem to mock the presence of spyware or viruses. Still, corruption must be dealt with when it is present.

You Have to Get Rid of Corruption Somehow!

I'd like to know what anybody who doesn't use registry cleaners does when they run into problems with their computers that are caused by registry corruption, because I've seen a good registry cleaner solve problems with poorly functioning computers 100's of times!

So when a computer is not performing properly and it is shown to be free of viruses and spyware, the next thing you should do is scan the registry. Many times I have seen cases where a computer is operating very poorly and there are no incidents of spyware or viruses and turns it out the registry is full of corruption.

Of course, if there is no registry corruption, you will have to bring the computer to a professional. However, I have fixed many a sick computer with a registry cleaning, so I suggest you make sure you have no corruption before you bring your computer to somebody like me.

You've learned a lot about registry cleaners and why to avoid free ones. Now see how all the top registry cleaners rate against one another at Hiel Strassman's: Registry Fix Reviews. Also, get more inside information on registry cleaners at: Registry Cleaner.

No comments: